- from Canada to Argentina
- CAT TRAVEL is a Fantastic Tour Organizer!
My wife and I decided last March to spend three weeks in Argentina. We had our return airline tickets, but no itinerary scheduled once in BA. I found CAT Travel advertising on the South American Explorers Society Web Page and got in touch. We had never planned a trip this way and we have been around (check WorldTraveler2540 on Trip Advisor...).
The CAT staff was prompt to reply to our inquiry. Pablo asked us what places we wanted to see (BA, Iguazu, Bariloche, Calafate and Ushuaia) and if we were anticipating any activities. We asked him to plan a private tour, with personal driver and French speaking guide (not easy to find in Argentina); we asked him to add some adventure in it. After a few emails, we decided to go with CAT; Pablo was so efficient and available that we decided to trust them. This was the first time we were booking such a long trip on the net so we were a bit anxious but decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. As soon as we landed in BA, we were taken care of by Gilda, their French speaking guide. We were then to visit Buenos Aires and its surroundings, an Estancia, an evening in a tango hall etc. We went boating at Iguazu falls, trekking and kayaking in Bariloche, fly fishing in Calafate, etc.
In few words, we had a WONDERFUL TRIP and would not hesitate to recommend Pablo and CAT Travel for anybody wishing to travel to South America. Thanks again!
Marc-André and Gisèle Théorêt,
- from United States to Peru
Marcia and I are flying back to the states. We had a great tour of Peru. All of our guides and drivers were great. We both appreciate the work you did to customize the itinerary for us.
In short, we had a great vacation where we were able to see everything we had on our list and more!
- from United States to Argentina
- Dear Marc and Elin,
We have been back in the US for a week, and the awe of our experiences is still very much a reality.
Our "Once-In-A-Lifetime Patagonian Experience" was all I could have dreamed of and more. Every detail was taken care of, and all of our guides for the excursions were perfect. Before the trip, having communicated more with Elin, and a bit with Marc, I am sure that you both realized I can be "high-maintenance". You listened to my requests, and certainly made every effort to furnish the best available.
Our suites at the Los Sauces Casa Patagonia and the Llao Llao Resort were absolutely fantastic.
The corner suite at the Llao Llao definitely was one of the best rooms, with the best view in the resort. In fact, on the day that I kayaked back to the resort, I had a view from the lake and decided that our rooms were exactly what I would have chosen as the best.
Please know that I could not be more pleased with your care and execution of the plan for this incredible adventure.
How can I thank you enough?
You have a lifetime fan.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you…
- from United States to Brazil & Peru
- Dear CAT Travel ,
Some might say it’s too risky to use an internet travel guide agency, but there was no risk involved in our trip or itinerary. All through the planning for our wonderful trip, we had responsive, informative, and personal advice from our South America Specialist Marcos. Starting with the suggested itinerary from the CAT website, I worked closely with Marcos to customize an independent, adventurous schedule for 12 days in Brazil, Argentina, and Peru that let us see and experience everything that was important to us.
The contacts who met us in each city or town ensured that were never lacked for anything. When I once accidentally left my vouchers in a transport van, I called late at night and by the next day the local contacts had everything worked out. All our country contracts were energetic, friendly, supportive, punctual, informative English speaking people who were very capable and acted very interested in us. Magali in Cusco and Malilia in Lima were absolutely incredible.
We selected the boutique lodging option and never had any worries about any of our hotels. All were clean and charming, included huge and wonderful breakfasts, and were very willing to assist us.
We fell in love with Brazil and Peru and are certain we will travel back. When we do, we will use Class Adventure Travel. Thanks for your generosity.
Lisa and Bob Douglas
- from United States to Brazil
- Hi Montse,
Thank you, everything went very well! The guides who picked us up at various airports were very helpful, even beyond the transfers. We had a wonderful time at Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, loved the hotel in Argentina, and the extra sights visited with our guide in Iguazu (bird santuary and the Itaipu dam).
In Salvador we really enjoyed the vibrant atmosphere. Morro de Sao Paolo was interesting and the hotel was great. The Juma Lodge was very enjoyable and quite the jungle experience. Our guide here was very helpful, and even found a guitar for Peter to relax with and enjoy with our friends in the bar at night.
Thanks again for everything!
Photo by Peter Rosenblum
- from United States to Peru & Easter Island (Chile)
- Hi Sarah,
We first learned of CAT through a friend who had just returned from a Machu Picchu trip organized by CAT. This friend had such great experiences working with CAT that it was clear that we had to choose CAT when it came time to plan our trip. We have traveled to Asia, Europe, and across North America and can report that this trip to South America is amongst the best travel experiences that we have had. A crucial factor in the success of our trip was the exceptional service delivered by CAT in all aspects from planning, guidance, arrangements, and logistics. We found CAT so extremely efficient, reliable and helpful during our trip that we did not have to worry or be concerned with logistics allowing us to focus and enjoy all that Easter Island and Peru had to offer.
In closing, we are extremely pleased and very satisfied with how CAT has helped us with this epic trip. When we first started planning this trip a year ago, it was all about getting to Machu Picchu. We now know that Machu Picchu is only one aspect of Peru and that the country has so much more to explore. Similarly, the Moai represents just a single chapter in the long and sometimes tragic history of Rapa Nui. We are grateful to CAT for helping us develop our understanding of these cultures. We definitely look forward to future adventures with CAT and will watch your website and email updates for new travel options.
Ed and Marilyn
- from United States to Peru, Brazil & Argentina
- Hey Guys,
Hope you are doing well! Marc, we really appreciate you meeting with us and giving us a tour around Buenos Aires. Thanks again for the wine and chocolates. We haven't had a chance to drink the wine yet, but we definitely will! We also appreciate the room upgrades. We were going to try and upgrade our room in Rio, but the lady at the front desk told us it was taken care of already. Thank you for everything you guys did. All of the small details were definitely noticed and greatly appreciated. We had an amazing time at our honeymoon, and everything went smoothly.
We will be definitely recommending CAT to our friends.
Thanks again for everything.
Greg and Mary
- from United States to Brazil, Argentina & Peru
- Hello Sarah,
We want to say THANK YOU for a truly wonderful and exciting vacation. All went well on the trip and we truly enjoyed the experience!
1. All pick ups were on time.
2. All guides were professional and helpful. Our guide in Brazil, Guilherme, was very good and helpful. We ate at two very wonderful restaurants in Rio as well. The Niteroi tour went well. We asked the guide to include a visit to the Christ Redeemer which she did before proceeding to the Niemeyer museum.
3. Iguazu was great and we ate one night in a fine restaurant in town. Eliezer was great and we had sun on the Argentina side.
4. We loved Buenos Aires and our hotel was great. We also loved the neighborhood. Great food once again. We went to Sottovoce which was great for Italian and fish. The Jewish tour was excellent. The guide was very knowledgeable and we did visit a synagogue/ museum. We spent part of our day of leisure at the art museum MALBA which had a spectacular new exhibit. Our guide Daniel was very knowledgeable and helpful.
5 Peru was great. We enjoyed Cuzco and the sacred valley. We would have liked to have had an extra day to explore Cuzco and the Inca museum there. The group tours went well with our guide Freddy. He was the guide for both the Cuzco tour and the Sacred Valley tours.
6. Hotels were great in Cuzco but the Casa Andina Private Collection Sacred Valley was outstanding. They also had a very fine restaurant. Most places had fish especially trout.
7. You are correct that it was sunny our first day at Machu Picchu. Our guide Pascual was out standing and very patient as we climbed up to the Caretakers Hut. Our second day there was cloudy but NO rain. We were not up to the hike to Huayna Picchu but spent a second day exploring the ruins on our own.
8. Our day in Lima was very informative. Maribel was outstanding and helpful. Our best meal on the trip was at Restaurant Central in Lima. Wonderful! We had Corvina fish prepared two ways...Heaven on earth? The Museum Larco was unique and interesting. Helene loved the gift shop. Outstanding museum.
9. Both hotels in Cuzco were very nice and comfortable with helpful staff. Betsabe was sweet and suggested an organic restaurant, Greens, that had fish and vegetarian. We in fact ate there two nights as we found the food great.
We are very pleased consumers. We would soon like to begin planning for another vacation next fall to spend time in Argentina/Chile!
Helene and Fred Mittleman
- from United States to Argentina
- We found the CAT service to be very organized and easy to work with. Our tour guides were friendly and professional, and we found our hotels to be located in good and safe locations. Everything went very smoothly except for the country going on a national strike in the middle of our vacation, but we only lost one day which was understandable. Overall we had a great trip and would definitely use CAT again in the future.
- from Singapore to Argentina, Brazil & Peru
- Dear Montserrat & Marc,
My wife and I returned home to Singapore exactly 7 days ago...it took us that long to "recuperate"..from the best holiday of our lives!
You guys did a great job putting the travel plans together. Your guides/agents, esp Wilson at Iguazzu and Pascual at Machu Picchu were incredibly accommodating, patient and knowledgeable. We will surely recommend you all to friends and family. And as words will never capture the beauty of this holiday, let us attach a photo here that says it all with a caption that reads... "We flew like the great Andean condors!"
Muchas gracias! Nellie and George Lee